Where is it located?
What are the height/weight restrictions for the course?
ZIPstream designs courses to be as accessible to as many people as possible. However, due to the inherent nature of the activity, these courses do require a person to be mobile and have functional use of both hands and feet. In addition, participants must be capable of understanding and properly operating the Belay System.
- Green and Blue Courses:
- Ages 11 & Up
- Must be able to reach a height of 70” standing flat footed
- Weight Requirements: Minimum: 60 lbs, Maximum: 275 lbs
- If a participant is ages 11 & Up and cannot reach 70” but is accompanied by another adult that is tall enough and willing to assist them, both participants may go on the course together. If you would like to hire a special guide to take you through the course to assist due to height restrictions, please contact Kim Stock at 423-266-5709.
- Orange Diamond Children’s Course:
- Ages 10 & Under. Parental Discretion advised for children under 6.
- Parental supervision required on the course at all times.
- Must be able to reach a height of 44” standing flat footed
- Weight Requirements: none listed.
- Climbing Tower:
- Weight Requirements: Minimum 45 lbs, Maximum: 275 lbs
- Tower ZIP Ride:
- Weight Requirements: Minimum 80 lbs, Maximum: 275 lbs
- Extreme Thrill Combo:
- Must meet height/weight requirements for all elements you wish to participate on.
- All participants must step on a weighing scale before beginning the course or buying a ticket. Weight will not be visible to other guests.
- Important note for expectant mothers: Before an expectant mother will be admitted to the ZIPstream course, she must provide a doctor’s release approving her participation in this activity.
How much time should we allow?
The course takes approximately 1 ½ hours to complete, depending on the pace you choose to set. The course is designed so you can pass slower participants at each platform if you desire
Due to a high volume of participants on weekends and holidays, time to complete the course could lengthen. Please allow additional time when planning.
Are there any clothing restrictions or recommendations?
Participants should wear comfortable clothing that will allow movement easily through the course. Closed-toe shoes are required – no sandals/slingbacks. Keen or Hiking Type Sandals (including the Five-Finger/Toe type shoes) are not allowed on the course event though they are closed toe.
Long hair must be pulled back into a pony tail. Jewelry should be removed. All personal items (wallet, cell phone, keys, cameras, etc) will need to be placed in a basket prior to entering the course and can be retrieved following completion of the course. This rule is for your safety and the safety of those below you.
Do we need to sign a waiver to participate?
Can we take pictures on the course?
No cameras/video equipment will be allowed on the course – this includes cameras attached to any part of the body (i.e. helmet/chest cams). For the safety of both you and those below you, all personal items will need to be placed in a basket prior to entering the course and can be retrieved following completion of the course.
What is the Inclement Weather Policy?
The ZIPstream Aerial Adventure at Ruby Falls is an “almost any weather” activity. The courses will run rain or shine on posted open days. The exceptions to this generally are exceptional downpours and the presence of thunder/lightning. In the event of thunder/lightning all courses will be closed until the conditions improve and it is safe to return to the trees. The Adventure Guild staff continually monitors the weather and will make every effort to warn participants of the potential for weather that could close the course and in some cases may delay entry to the course even after a ticket has been purchased.
There are no refunds for courses interrupted by dangerous weather conditions. Rain checks will be given if participants are removed from the course due to weather issues.
My child is 9 years old and is 4’10” which is pretty tall for that age. Which course would she do since she is in the age range for the children’s course but exceeds the 44” maximum height on the children’s course?
It’s ultimately the parent’s decision to put a tall child on the adult course, however, The Adventure Guild strongly recommends going on the age appropriate course even though the child is taller than the maximum height.
Can our child go on the adult course with us?
If the child is at least 11 years old and meets the reach requirements of the adult course, then they are allowed.
If the participant is age 11 & up and cannot reach 70” but is accompanied by another adult that is tall enough and willing to assist them, both participants may go on the course together.
Children ages 10 & Under must go on the age appropriate children’s course.
What is the highest and lowest point on the children’s course?
The highest point of the children’s course (platform height) is approximately 7 feet. The lowest is approximately 4 feet.
Is there a zipline on the children’s course?
Yes, there is a zipline on the children’s course. An alternate exit from the course via slide is available for children who do not wish to zip.
Is the course inspected? By Whom?
The ZIPstream courses were installed and are inspected annually by The Adventure Guild, as required by challenge course industry standards. The Adventure Guild is an accredited challenge course vendor with the ACCT. In addition to our annual inspection, each course is inspected daily before opening by trained and qualified lead staff, and a monthly inspection is undertaken and documented by the course manager.
Who/What is The Adventure Guild?
The Adventure Guild is a full service adventure company specializing in
- Ropes course and team building programs
- Rock climbing guiding and instruction
- Challenge course, zip line, aerial adventure course, via ferrata and climbing wall/tower construction
- Technical staff training for challenge course, zip line, aerial adventure course via ferrata and climbing wall/tower.
Are there other ZIPstream Aerial Adventure Courses?
The ZIPstream Aerial Adventure at Ruby Falls is the flagship location for the ZIPstream Brand. A new ZIPstream park will be opening at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Summer 2014.
How can I find out more information on The Adventure Guild or ZIPstream Aerial Adventures?
Can you tell us about the environmental impact on the ZIPstream Installation?
ZIPstream courses utilize installation techniques that are designed to minimize impact on the trees that host the courses. Bolting or other intrusion into the living tissue of the tree is kept to an absolute minimum so as to protect the health of the trees in both the long and short terms.
Course trees are also inspected prior to installation and annually thereafter by a certified arborist to ensure ongoing tree health.